Did you know that the best organic walnuts contain antioxidants at levels that rival blueberries? Walnuts also contain the ideal balance between the Omega-3 and the Omega-6 Essential Fatty acids for parrots.
And feeding raw walnuts that are organic is also very important for your birds because the pesticides in non-organic nuts act as hormone mimickers. This means that these pesticides mimic the natural hormones in a bird’s body and can reek havoc disrupting normal bodily hormone functions. When people talk about a parrot being ‘hormonal’ , the very first thing that needs to be done is to feed ONLY certified organic foods.
Walnuts are packed with essential nutrients that your parrots must eat everyday for their good health. That’s why raw, organic walnuts are one of the MUST FEED EVERY DAY foods in Leslie’s balanced food plan for all sizes of parrots, large, medium, small and Budgies.
In Leslie’s balanced food plan book for parrots (larger than 50 grams), titled “The Power of Nurturing with Food”, there are 11 pages dedicated to the highly prized nutritional value of raw, organic walnuts.
Here are a few reasons to feed all your parrots our raw organic walnuts:
- The omega-3 essential fatty acids in walnuts have anti-inflammatory properties.
- These anti-inflammatory properties can counter the inflammation of arthritis and some autoimmune diseases.
- Walnuts contain vitamin E, this essential vitamin helps support the brain, the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
- Vitamin E protects the cells from free radical damage and is needed to help maintain healthy cell membranes.
- Walnuts are packed with B complex vitamins and the essential B complex nutrients riboflavin, niacin, thiamine, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, choline and folates.
- Walnuts are also a rich source of the minerals potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, selenium, manganese, zinc and copper.
- Plus, every purchase on our website supports Leslie’s ongoing work to educate parrot lovers in the value of feeding their bird’s the ideal balance of whole, real foods. This ongoing research is truly the only way to END Avian Malnutrition and Unbalanced nutrition.
Leslie has searched for a very long time to find a good source of raw organic walnuts at a price that is good for your pocket book, and good for your birds.
So stock up on our raw, organic walnuts today.
We offer these raw organic walnuts in a 8 oz or 2 pound bag. If you’d like to get a larger size (such as having us fill a USPS Large Flat Rate box), please email us for the details on this. Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org , in the subject line you can put ‘large box of walnuts’.
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!