The information contained in this document is based upon the research and personal and professional experience of the author since 2002. Get the essential facts about feeding your birds the best organic parrot diet.
When wanting to feed your parrot the best organic diet possible, it’s essential that you feed a wholesome balance of whole, real foods. This document makes doing this simple and easy for you. Gain the benefits of ensuring that the birds under your care are receiving all the thousands of nutrients they need every day.
Table of Contents
1. Why this Balanced Food Plan Works
2. Balanced Food Plan Food List for Parrots Larger than 50 grams
3. Prepare in Advance – to save time List of foods to be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator
- Steamed Broccoli Bribe
- Marshmallow’s Broccoli & Spinach Success
- Complete Protein Awesome Chop
5. Fresh Food Storage
6. New Food Success – More Tips
7. The Holistic Parrot articles
These appear by the courtesy of John Catchpole, publisher and editor of Parrots magazine.
- • Rose hips, delicious and antioxidant rich
- • Broccoli, the ideal functional food, (broccoli vs broccolini is explained)
- • Let broccoli sprouts help you birds enjoy broccoli
- • Hyperactivity and aggression in parrots, the role of EFAs (essential fatty acids)
- • Healing pomegranates
- • Teaching your parrots to enjoy walnuts
- • More reasons to feed walnuts
- • Glutathione, the essential, little known nutrient, (learn why spinach, broccoli, and cooked egg whites are an essential part of Leslie’s “Balanced Food Plan for Parrots”
- * Cleaning non-organic produce
8. About Leslie
Robert Purves (verified owner) –
Very good and easy to follow
Katrina Hall (verified owner) –
This PDF is a real treasure of research and knowledge. Already have changed my Grey’s diet and surprised how readily she’s accepted it. Taking notes and photos to follow my parrots progress to the best health I can give her. Thank you Leslie !